So you are looking for a Career in Real Estate...
So you are sick of shift work, long to put down 'the tools', the kids have left the nest or you have always been interested in property and now is the time to switch careers...
There are many reasons for becoming a real estate agent - every year RETS sees many people, from all walks of life change careers into the property sector.
Careers in the property sector
What are the prospects?
- Size: This is a very large occupation.
- Unemployment: Unemployment was below average in 2018.
- Location: Real Estate Sales Agents work in many regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services; Construction; and Accommodation and Food Services.
- Earnings: Full-time workers on an adult wage earn around $1,161 per week (below the average of $1,460). Earnings tend to be lower when starting out and higher as experience grows. Check out the Real Estate Award for more information
- Full-time: Many work full-time (80%, higher than the average of 66%).
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 46 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 44 years (compared to the average of 40 years).
- Gender: 50% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).
How much will you make?
Please have a look at the Real Estate Award to find out more about this - Real Estate Award
What skills and knowledge will you need?
Employers will look to candidates who have strong interpersonal skills, are good communicators, have excellent customer services skills and are well presented:
To see the full list of knowledge requirements click here.
To see the full list of skill requirements required click here.
What types of activities will you regularly undertake?
Where do I begin?
Click here to find out more about what you need to do to start your career in real estate.
Infographics sourced from: https://joboutlook.gov.au/