Productivity Places Program (PPP)
The NSW Productivity Places Program is part of the Australian Government’s Skilling for the Future Initiative.
The Program targets existing workers for participation in priority, nationally-recognised vocational qualifications.The criteria used to determine a participant’s eligibility for a training place under the program have been defined broadly to encourage wide participation. These definitions are listed below.
An Existing Worker means someone who is a NSW resident and works in NSW and is:
- a person 20 years of age or older who has been in paid employment for more than one hour in the week prior to commencement of training, or
- a person 15-19 years of age who is not formally enrolled in school and has been in paid employment for more than 15 hours in the week prior to commencement of training.
- Not currently enrolled in secondary or other tertiary education and training (though prior training undertaken is fine)
- Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident (Participants are required to sign a declaration to this effect)
- NSW residents and/or work in NSW.
If you are interested in applying to RETS for one of the PPP places please download and fill in the application form (see the bottom of this page) and email (email@example.com) or fax (02) 9797 6179 to RETS. You will hear back from RETS within 3 business days, informing you whether your application has been successful. Where applications are successful you will be informed via email as to what you need to do next. We are looking for people who have had at least 1 year real estate experience and hold their Certificate of Registration
The course is conducted over a 1 year period. Initially you will be assessed for any Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Where RPL is granted you will not need to undertake any formal assessments for these units.
Following the RPL assessment a training plan will be developed, and will be given access to Learners Guides and Assessment, which you will complete, as per the training plan, and send to RETS for assessment. Throughout the 12 months you will have access to a tutor to answer any questions you may have about the course
Remember – whilst undertaking the Productivity Places Program, you must be employed in the real estate industry. If you leave employment during the program you will be ineligible to complete the course, though you will be issued a Statement of Attainment for any units you competently complete. If you leave the program at any time, your $414 course fee is non-refundable.
The $414 fee must be paid upon acceptance of enrolment. At this time students will be invoiced this amount. Students will not be signed up to the program until this fee is paid. This is a non-refundable fee.
Click here to view the units you will be completing under PPP.
Licence PPP Eligibility Form (85.43 KB)