Key Personality Traits of a Real Estate Agent
While there are no formal prerequisite educational requirements required before studying to become a real estate agent, there is a list of personality traits you should have that will make you stand out head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. If you possess these traits, Real Estate might just be the career for you:
- Friendly and Outgoing – You will be out and about meeting people and building networks, so it helps if you enjoy that element of being an agent. The stronger your network, the more sales leads you will attract.
- Interest in houses, architecture and the local housing market – If you know how property sales in your local area are performing and demonstrate a keen interest in architectural style, your enthusiasm will be a draw card for vendors, who will be more comfortable to leave you in charge of selling their most valuable asset.
- Attention to detail – You will need to be on top of every element of the sale process, but also remember the little things about clients, and follow-up on leads. With property management you need to balance the needs of multiple landlords and tenants at once.
- Time Management- You need to be able to manage your time well in order to shine. This can enhance the sale process, as well as the property management process.
- Honesty and Integrity – Real Estate Agents have had a bad rap over the years stereotyped as sales people without scruples, but the ones who actively show honesty and integrity are far more successful in achieving a sale. These are the agents who sustain much longer careers.
- Tenacity – To be a real estate agent, you will need a strong work ethic and the drive to follow up every lead, coupled with the motivation to close the sale.
If you have these traits and are interested in real estate as a career check out the entry level real estate course here.