Burn out is a common problem associated with working in the property sector. Anyone whose work life is filled with stressful days or those in positions where they frequently feel out of control are typical candidates for burn out. Cynicism, detachment, feelings of ineffectiveness and lack of accomplishment are all typical feelings related to burn out.
Other symptoms can include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Forgetfulness/impaired concentration and attention
- Physical symptoms, like shortness of breath, chest pain, heart palpitations
- Increased illness
- Loss of appetite
However, you can learn to deal with burn out before it hits these critical points.
Here are a couple of tips to assist you:
- Start working on next year’s plan – plan some educational opportunities or some time off – anything to get you excited about the future.
- If you’re a new real estate agent, find a mentor who is successful and shadow them, paying attention to what works and what doesn’t.
- Take short breaks throughout the day.
- Spend time away from work doing things that make you feel relaxed.
Partly sourced from: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/high-octane-women/201311/the-tell-tale-signs-burnout-do-you-have-them